We have designed this site to encourage and assist you as a youth, family member or educator, to start your own elementary, middle or high school Social Justice Club.
The VISION of the Social Justice Club is that youth are endowed with the capacity to lead purposeful lives guided by the ideal of service to humanity.
Our mission is to nurture the youth's capacities in the path of building a more just society by thinking and experiencing how each person's best is achieved in the context of cooperation and caring for one another.
- Advance the youth's capacity to empathize, to care, to collaborate by: sharing stories; learning about the personal experiences of others; working together to accomplish common goals and solve common problems.
- Advance the youth's understanding that these personal stories are not isolated experiences by: learning about institutionalized social norms, discourse and practices that shape such experiences.
- Every action or social project is followed or preceded by a reflection that:
- De-constructs dominant narratives that stereotype different social groups;
- Focuses on a (counter) narration of human nobility and human unity;
- Instills in the youth the hope that a more just society is possible.